Even in today’s technologically centered world, the simple, old-fashioned business card is not only still an essential networking tool, but can also help build your brand and enhance your marketing efforts. That little card can say a lot about your company and absolutely needs to convey your corporate image in a memorable way.
Business cards can come in different sizes and shapes, but the standard is 2″ x 3.5″. That’s not a lot of space, so you’ll want to keep things as simple as possible. But, even though you don’t have the space to include a lot of detail or fluff on your business cards, your business cards don’t need to be boring or lack-luster!
Here are a few ideas to make your business cards stand out:
- Use color and typography to make your card pop.
- Use non-traditional shapes and sizes.
- Use larger cards that fold over to create a mini brochure.
- Use die-cuts to create pop up cards, tabs, and cut-outs.
- Use non traditional materials like plastic, wood or metal.
- Use textured or brightly colored paper stock.
- Incorporate embossing, foil stamping, and thermography to give your cards additional visual interest.