Like many other things, there are trends that occur in graphic design. Different types of imagery, presentation, typography and more come in and out of vogue over time. Shutterstock, a large stock art and downloadable image library firm, has been tracking usage and image trends over the years and has compiled some statistics from the 350 million downloads to reveal some recent trends it’s seeing in graphic design.
Here are some highlights of what is ‘hot’ in graphic design 2014 from the 2014 Shutterstock Design Trends report:
- authentic and candid photography
- ‘filtered’ & retro looking photography
- simple, clean patterns with pops of bright color
- flat design for web and mobile design
- video, video, video
- handwritten or sketched fonts