Businesses of all sizes need to work to create and reinforce their brands. After all, there’s a lot of competition out there! Putting & keeping your brand and your message in the minds of your customers and potential customers is key to rising above the pack.
Even though most people think of branding in terms of large companies, small businesses should understand the importance and power of brand building too. Every business, from the smallest to the largest, can benefit from branding. And, even if you don’t have a large budget, small businesses can start building brand.
So, where’s a small business to start when it comes to branding?
- Define your brand and your message. Write it down. Memorize it. Promote your message every day in some way.
- Create a professional logo. Your logo is essential to brand recognition and it’s important to get it right! If you don’t have a professionally designed logo that you can use at various sizes and resolutions, it’s important that you get one made for your small business.
- Start blogging: if you don’t have a website or blog, get one! If you’re not online, you’re already behind the curve and the sooner you start promoting your small business online, the sooner you’ll start attracting customers and building your company and brand online.
- Start using social media to promote your brand on a daily basis. If you don’t have a Facebook, Google+ and Twitter or other social media account, set them up and start using them … everyday!
- Encourage feedback & build community around your products and services. A successful brand is usually respected and trusted by its’ customers. Ask your customers for feedback, reach out to them regularly and encourage customer loyalty.